The RTiA9 is a high performance powerhouse and the ultimate manifestation of our RTiA Series. Featuring Dynamic Balance® transducers-three 7-inch bass drivers, two 5 1/4-inch midrange drivers and a 1-inch high frequency dome tweeter-the RTiA9 will fill even the largest room with energy and excitement. With a mind blowing 500 Watt power capacity, these speakers can take everything you can give them and more. Watch high octane action movies in their full grandeur, or delight in an intimate jazz performance.
- The proprietary curved enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances. RTiA9 cabinets are designed for clean, accurate sound.
- The two 5 1/4-inch midrange drivers are housed in their own tuned internal enclosures for increased clarity and lifelike detail.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The RTiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- PowerPort® Plus bass venting is our patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
|Original Purchaser Only
||80 lbs (36.29 kg)
||48.625" (123.51 cm)
||8.875" (22.54 cm)
||21.375" (54.29 cm)
||75 lbs (34.02 kg)
|Mid-High Array Driver Enclosure Type
|Mid-High Array Driver Complement
- (2) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance drivers with polymer composite cones and rubber surrounds - Midrange
|Subwoofer Array Driver Enclosure Type
||PowerPort Plus Bass Venting
|Subwoofer Array Driver Complement
- (3) 7" (17.78 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance drivers with polymer composite cones and rubber surrounds - Subwoofer
|Front Array Driver Complement
- (1) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite - Tweeter
|Total Frequency Response
||18 Hz → 27,000 Hz
|Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter)
|Lower and Upper -3dB Limits
||30 Hz → 26,000 Hz
|Midrange/Woofer Crossover Frequency
|Tweeter/Midrange Crossover Frequency
|Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel
||50 watts → 500 watts
||(1) Pair of Dual 5-way Binding Posts - Gold-Plated
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.