Stacking the woofer behind the driver unit is an innovation so extreme you won't believe the performance that results! Full-size speaker dynamics and a small-diameter cut-out built-in that virtually disappears into your decor. The Vanishing Series puts high performance stealth audio at your fingertips.
- Timbre-matched to LSiM Series
- Extra deep well design with a Cassini oval woofer mounted above and behind the main driver & tweeter array, for broad coverage and dynamic full-range audio performance in a built-in.
- Vanishing® Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series LS speakers are timbre-matched to Polk LSi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- If positioning limitations demand that your loudspeakers be installed closer than 2 feet from side walls, the proximity of the surface can result in a response bump between 50 and 200Hz. This can create boomy sound. The Vanishing wall distance toggle switch is a custom audio control that adjusts the crossover to flatten response and tune out boominess, without sacrificing deep bass response, for more lifelike sound and more flexible placement.
- Dual bandpass bass ports are highly efficient in small enclosures, and smoothly funnels the angled woofer's low frequencies down around the driver array, eliminating "chuffing," so your small, practically invisible in-ceiling speakers achieve superior full-range blending and broad coverage with surprisingly deep bass.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
- (1) Polk's Wafer-thin Sheer Grille - White, Paintable
- (1) PB 50 - Pre-Construction Bracket - Sold Separate
||9.75" (24.77 cm) h x 11" (27.94 cm) w x 13" (33.02 cm) d - 9 lbs (4.08 kg)
||8.5" (21.59 cm)
- (1) 2.5" (6.35 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance driver with aerated polypropylene cone - Midrange
- (1) 7" (17.78 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance woofer with mineral-filled polypropylene cone - Subwoofer
- (1) 0.75" (1.91 cm) d (Round) Ring radiator - Tweeter
||8.13" (20.65 cm) diameter
||6.5" (16.51 cm) diameter
|Total Frequency Response
||32 Hz → 33,000 Hz
|Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter)
|Lower and Upper -3dB Limits
||45 Hz → 29,000 Hz
||(1) Pair of Push Connectors - Gold-Plated
|Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel
||10 watts → 150 watts
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.